Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

DSL

8/52

Some of you may have been wondering where my latest blog post is. The long and short of it is that it's done (minus some formatting) but I can't post it. "Why, pray tell, is this?" you might be wondering. You know you think in old English. Because, despite living in the middle of a large city, we cannot get DSL Internet. Ok, we can get it, if we sign up for Comcast DSL and cable for $80 per month and a contract. Not happening. Or HughesNet for $60/month plus $300 in equipment. Nice try. Verizon doesn't serve our area, ironically they serve Sanger and AT&T, for some unknown reason, can provide phone service, but not DSL. Supposedly I'm too far from the something or other. I'm still suspicious about that since neighbors a few blocks to the north and east of us can get it. I wonder if everyone in my neighborhood bugged them enough if they would get their act together. Hmmm.... sounds like I need to make up a "Call to Action" flyer. Or maybe I'll just call Mayor Swearengin's office to beg the to pass the all-city Wi-Fi plan. My head hurts.

Until this point we have been able to use the network at the school 2 doors down. And although it was spotty but generally reliable, it is now nearly non-existent. Maybe they wised up to the fact that if they didn't pass code it, people were going to use it. In any case, this problem has prevented me from posting my blog about how to do a Robin Hood themed birthday party because all the pictures are on the computer. Sigh.

There is a light at the end of then tunnel though, I hope. We just signed up for Cricket's 3G wireless network. I'm a little concerned with the speed, but at this point. I'll take what I can get. So, for now, I'll have to be content to blog with my thumbs, wait for Fed-ex to deliver our wireless card and be thankful I have such an amazing phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment